Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Guys In Town

We are not the new guys in town any longer...these guys are.

This afternoon I was walking up the road with the wonder dog Pippin. He didn't even notice the deer to our right as we passed by. Then something weird happened...the deer followed us. Pippin noticed then but was good and did not make a sound. I turned to face our trailing buddy now only a dozen feet away t o see what was up. As I turned around, I noticed the new family members about 50 yards away nursing in our neighbors yard. Pippin and I quickly took our leave and went home. I grabbed my camera and approached Mom and the kiddos from downwind. I was still about 50 yards away when I snapped these. Our other deer buddy never approached me even though when I took the bottom picture I was closer to the kiddo than Mom. Guess she didn't consider me a threat. When I left, I made sure she saw and heard me leave.


BTW, another little milestone, we finally got Oregon tags for all our cars...a year after leaving the D.C. area we no longer appear to be outsiders.

No comments: