Thursday, February 5, 2009

Employment Free Again!

As a belated birthday present, the Chamber laid off my beloved this morning. I think we knew it was coming long before they did. After all, how can you continue to operate when you're looking at a huge deficit? I'm happy to have her back home with me...but we're still trying to wash the whole bad feeling off of the last couple weeks there. You can read more about it at the newspaper's site if you care to:

http://nuggetnewspaper.blogspot.com/2009/01/turmoil-at-chamber-ii.html

Good thing we're smart enough to know Sisters is not well represented by this situation.

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia,
Oh, I am sorry about your job. You're definitely not alone in feeling the effects of this economy.
I think you and David should come up with your own business.
Easier said than done.
Talk to you later
Susan in England