Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Passing through Montana

Today we're in Dillon Montana. It's about half way between Salt Lake City and Spokane. We ended up skipping Yellowstone, not because we wanted to, but because the campsites were full. I'd forgotten you need to make reservations in advance--that was true even back when I was here last time--19 years ago. Oh well--something else to put on our "see it next time" list.

The other thing is, we're starting to get antsy about finding "the place." I always said I'd home school if we didn't find the right place by fall, but holy cow, do kids ever find ways to make their parents crazy!! I'm not sure we'd survive a full year of togetherness!

So for today, we're on our way. Although I'm keeping my eyes open--this is a nice area and houses are CHEAP. Maybe we should consider Montana. Of course, I heard on the news last night that they've had 29 days THIS MONTH of over 100 degree weather!! I thought all these mountains are supposed to keep it cool. We're at 5000 feet for heaven's sake!

OK, off to have breakfast. Then on the road.

2 comments:

mary said...

Hey Huni's,
We're back from the Meditteranian and I'm catching up on your travels. The pics are great. You all have been BUSY! It's time to quit fooling around,though and head back East!! I'll send some pictures from our trip to your e-mail.
Mary

Juliet A said...

MOntana? My brain just locked up - are there people who live in Montana? I just thought it was a moose preserve...