Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Waiting Game, Part II


Yesterday we had the inspection on our soon-to-be home. One step closer to closing. No major issues, although apparently they build houses here without gutters, which the inspector thinks is not a great idea. I guess the builders figure it doesn't rain enough, but forget that when it does rain, it RAINS. Or at least that's what we've witnessed so far. The house still seems as fantastic as we originally thought, so no buyers remorse so far.

I put my job application in at the Community College in Bend--Assistant Director of Admissions and Records. It would mean a 20-30 minute commute, but it looks like a fun job and it pays better than anything available in Sisters right now. David is not too sure about being a house-husband, but I'm sure he'll find something to occupy his time (bowling anyone?) Keep your fingers crossed for me--I have the qualifications (actually over-qualified) but that 10 year gap in my employment history might put them off....

The kids are all in school, which means we have some free time to explore the local area, or just BE without the usual "she's looking at me!" "He's breathing on me!" Bridget and Max ride the bus; for now Douglas rides his bike. School starts earlier here--8am--so that is taking some adjustment. And once we're in the house, it will be even earlier as the bus comes at 7:06. Yikes! Good thing David is a morning person.

No comments: